Your privacy is important to Ellis James Designs, you’re Family after all…
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Ellis James Designs collects, and the ways in which Ellis James Designs uses that personal information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Ellis James Designs, a trading name of IHR Innovation Group Ltd incorporated and registered in England and Wales with the company number 10705771 whose registered office is at 7 Hever Close, Northampton, NN5 4WN, United Kingdom (Ellis James Designs).
Please read the following carefully to understand Ellis James Designs’ views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By visiting www.ellisjamesdesigns.com (Website) or www.ellisjamesdesigns.co.uk (Website) or ellisjames.london (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION ELLIS JAMES DESIGNS MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Ellis James Designs may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Ellis James Designs. You may give Ellis James Designs information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with Ellis James Designs by phone, including during telemarketing activities, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website including creating a profile, enter a competition, promotion or survey or by posting material to the Website, requesting further services and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give Ellis James Designs may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information Ellis James Designs collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, Ellis James Designs may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, suppliers, profiles and capabilities you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information Ellis James Designs receives from other sources. Ellis James Designs may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Ellis James Designs operates or the other services Ellis James Designs provide. Ellis James Designs may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Ellis James Designs uses the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give Ellis James Designs. Ellis James Designs will use this information:
- to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Ellis James Designs and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Ellis James Designs;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Ellis James Designs offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with the opportunity to provide feedback to Ellis James Designs;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Ellis James Designs feel may interest you. If you are an existing member, Ellis James Designs will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new member or visitor to the Website, and where Ellis James Designs permits selected third parties to use your data, Ellis James Designs (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Ellis James Designs to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please inform Ellis James Designs;
- to notify you about changes to Ellis James Designs’s service; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Ellis James Designs collects about you. Ellis James Designs will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Ellis James Designs’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Ellis James Designs’s efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Ellis James Designs serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information Ellis James Designs receives from other sources. Ellis James Designs may combine this information with information you give to Ellis James Designs and information Ellis James Designs collects about you. Ellis James Designs may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Ellis James Designs receives).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Ellis James Designs may share your personal information with any member of Ellis James Designs’ group.
Ellis James Designs may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Ellis James Designs enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Ellis James Designs in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- in the event that Ellis James Designs sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Ellis James Designs may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Ellis James Designs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members or visitors will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ellis James Designs, its members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE ELLIS JAMES DESIGNS STORES PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Ellis James Designs will do its best to protect your personal data, Ellis James Designs cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once Ellis James Designs has received your information, Ellis James Designs will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask Ellis James Designs not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Ellis James Designs will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if Ellis James Designs intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Ellis James Designs in writing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Ellis James Designs at [email protected]
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Ellis James Designs’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ellis James Designs does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Ellis James Designs may provide the option for you to unsubscribe from e-mails you receive from it.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Ellis James Designs’ costs in providing you with details of the information Ellis James Designs holds about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]