Are you looking for how to tan faster and darker outside? Do you want to maximize the time you spend outside tanning and also limit how long you’re exposing yourself to the harmful UV rays from the sun? If so, you’re in the right place! We’re going to share our tips to help you get a gorgeous and glowing tan from the sun, while limiting the time it takes to do so!
Table of Contents
- How to Tan Faster and Darker Outside
- How Can I Get Tan Super Fast?
- How to Get the Best Tan in a Week
- Getting a Fast and Dark Tan Outside
How to Tan Faster and Darker Outside
Being safe when tanning is important, whether you’re trying to tan quickly or planning to spend all day at the beach or pool. That being said, there are some things you can do to help yourself tan more quickly and achieve a darker tan.
Below are some ideas you can try. We’ll also share some other tips for how to tan quickly in the sun in the next few sections!
- Exfoliate before tanning: Exfoliating your skin before tanning is essential. Exfoliation, using products such as Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Scrub or M3 Natural Himalayan Scrub, can remove dead skin cells that could interfere with letting your skin get as dark of a tan.
- Use a tan accelerator: Tan accelerators, such as Australian Gold Hydrating Accelerator or COCOSOLIS Choco Sun Tan & Body Oil, are designed to make your skin get darker than it otherwise would. These accelerators encourage the skin to produce more melanin, meaning the skin will get darker.
- Tan by the water: Tanning by the pool or beach is another way to get a faster and darker tan outside. When you’re near water, the sun’s rays will be reflected, increasing how tan you get. You can even tan in the water, since when your body is underwater, the water will still reflect the UV rays.
- Use salt water: Wetting your skin with salt water before tanning at the beach can help more sun to reach your skin. The salt water will also help remove dead skin cells, which can also help you get darker. If you’re not at the beach and need to know how to tan faster and darker outside at home, you can consider taking a bath in sea salt, but know it won’t have the same effect as real ocean water.
- Eat beta-carotene-rich foods: Beta-carotene can help reduce how sensitive your skin is to the sun. This can help make sure you get a tan and not a burn. Some beta-carotene-rich foods include carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cantaloupe, and kale.
- Change positions: Changing your position as tanning is essential if you want your tan to be even. Every 30 minutes or so, try to turn about one-quarter of the way. Without rotating, parts of your body will get more sun exposure and end up darker than other parts.
How Can I Get Tan Super Fast?
When you’re wondering, “how can I make myself tan faster and darker outside,” using a tan accelerator is a great way to speed up the process. As we shared above, tan accelerators help the skin increase more melanin, which is what is responsible for the color you get when tanning.
However, don’t forget that staying safe while you tan is still important with an accelerator. Be sure to still use sunscreen!
Can You Tan in 30 Minutes?
Yes, being out in the sun for 30 minutes is enough time for your skin to get tan. In fact, you can even get a tan or burn in just 10 minutes, so no matter how long you’re planning to be outside tanning, remember to tan safely and wear sunscreen.
How Do You Get a Dark Tan in One Day?
If you want to tan quickly in the sun without burning, try some of the tips we shared above, such as exfoliating your skin before tanning, using a tan accelerator, or tanning near water. Be sure to take measures to tan safely, such as wearing sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoiding the sun during peak hours (between 10 am and 4 pm). This can help ensure you don’t get burned or expose your skin to too many harmful UV rays.
Can You Get Tan in 3 Days?
Yes, 3 days is definitely plenty of time to get a nice and dark tan outside. Remember to make sure you change positions regularly to ensure your tan remains nice and even!
How to Get the Best Tan in a Week
Heading to the beach for a week and want to maximize the color you get?
We’ve already shared lots of tips that can help you get nice and dark, but a few other ideas you can try include:
- Use oils, such as coconut oil, avocado oil, or raspberry oil, that contain naturally occurring SPF. Do NOT use cooking oil or spray cooking oil to accelerate your tan
- Take beta-carotene supplements. Beta-carotene can help your skin protect itself against UV rays and tan better
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. Keeping your skin hydrated from within can improve the appearance of your skin
- Take some breaks between tanning sessions; safe tanning recommendations include giving the skin some time to recover after tanning.
Does wet skin tan faster?
Wet skin typically tans faster than dry skin. When water is on the skin, it can reflect the sun’s rays more and increase the tan you’ll get.
Does coconut oil help you tan faster?
Yes, coconut oil can help you tan faster. It makes it easier for the UV rays to reach the melanocytes in the skin and increase melanin production. However, because of this, using coconut oil can also make you burn more easily and more quickly. Choosing the best time to tan outside of the peak of the day would be advisable if you want to use coconut oil to tan more quickly. This can reduce the chances that you’ll develop a burn.
Can you take melanin pills to get tan?
While there are melanin pills designed to help you tan faster, a lot of evidence suggests that they are not safe. The FDA has released statements saying that melanin pills are not effective or safe. Taking melanin pills can lead to various reactions, including severe ones such as damage to your eyes.
What tanning oil gets you the darkest?
Does salt water help tan faster?
If you’re looking for an answer to “how can I make my tan darker outside,” using salt water is a good choice. Salt water can increase the amount of sun that hits your skin, plus it removes dead skin cells from skin to allow it to get darker.
Does tanning pills really work?
Tanning pills that are formulated with tyrosine (an amino acid) or its derivatives should not be used. There is no real evidence to suggest that they work, and using them could actually be dangerous and cause serious reactions.
Getting a Fast and Dark Tan Outside
Tanning safely is always important to reduce your chances of developing skin cancer. Being safe and using some of the tips we shared above can help you tan quickly and make sure you’re looking your best and ready to confidently tackle whatever life throws your way! Which of our suggestions are you ready to try to speed up your tan?
Check out these related posts on our blog to learn more about tanning: