Benefits of Pink Himalayan Salt Bath
Hi beautiful! Just to let you know, we earn a modest commission off of purchases made through Amazon affiliate links on this page. Don't worry, it's of no extra cost to you. We love the products we recommend in this post, and we hope you do, too!
- Great for Stress
- Contains Trace Minerals The Body Can Absorb
- May Enhance Sleep
- Can Heal Damaged Skin
- Can Treat Body Acne
- Aids in Relaxation
- Is Natural
- May Boost Energy
In a nutshell, Himalayan pink salt bath detox like Provence Beauty’s 100% Natural Himalayan Pink Salts is a great place to start if your body is in need of refreshing.
You can also try Dr Teal’s Restore & Replenish Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak from trusted brand Dr. Teal’s.
Himalayan Pink Salt Skin Benefits
Himalayan pink salt skin benefits are numerous and very impressive. Check out these details on benefits of Himalayan salt for skin:
- Great for Stress – Himalayan salt benefits for skin aren’t the only advantage to using pink Himalayan salt in your bath. Actually, pink Himalayan salts, like many other bath salts on the market, work well for melting away stress. The reason? It actually isn’t so much the salt itself as it is the water you bathe in. Researchers believe that because all of us have emerged from the warmth of water in our mother’s womb, we have an innate tendency to feel relaxed when submerged in water that is elevated beyond our own body temperature. Who knew?
- Contains Trace Minerals to Be Absorbed – There are a few minerals in pink Himalayan salt that may be able to be absorbed by the skin for the benefit of your body. In fact, it is these minerals that provide that pretty pink and orange hue to Himalayan salt in the first place.
- May Enhance Sleep – The jury is still out on this one, but in general, salt baths, and baths in general, promote relaxation and provide an excellent precursor to good sleep.
- Can Heal Damaged Skin – Have eczema, a rash or a bug bite? Soaking in a warm night offers significant Himalayan salt benefits for skin. Himalayan salt can reduce itching, swelling and otherwise irritated skin.
- Can Treat Body Acne – Is pink Himalayan salt good for your skin? According research, salt has any beneficial antimicrobial benefits, making a salt bath of any kind perfect for hard to reach areas of your body and for back acne.
- Is Natural – Pink Himalayan salt can be found near the Himalayan hills in Pakistan. It is mined today for a whole host of reasons to benefit human society. Long ago, these pink Himalayan salt deposits formed from ancient oceans, around the same time that the Himalayan Mountains were formed. As such, this is the perfect all-natural option to add to your tub, assuming that you aren’t purchasing pink Himalayan salt that contains unneeded additives, chemicals and synthetic fragrances.
- May Boost Energy – Because pink Himalayan does contain trace amounts of magnesium, those that are deficient in magnesium may see soaking in Himalayan salt as beneficial. Nevertheless, there is no hardline evidence to prove that this is true.
Why Himalayan Salt?
Studies show that pink Himalayan sea salt bath benefits aren’t much different than other salt bath benefits.
Nevertheless, if you want to know specifically, “What are the benefits of pink Himalayan salt?” or “Does Himalayan salt help weight loss?” you may wish to check out this article explaining both fact and fiction surrounding the specific benefits of Himalayan salt for skin.
Himalayan Salt Bath vs Regular Salt Bath
Are Himalayan salt baths good for you?
As noted above, Himalayan salt can be very good for you. However, bear in mind that Himalayan salt may or may not provide all of the benefits that proponents of the salt say it does, as much of these claims are continuing to be researched. Nevertheless, if you want to know more about the benefits of salt baths in general, check out this video about top reasons why you might consider taking a salt bath.
Himalayan Salt vs Rock Salt Bath
Himalayan pink salt is classified as a rock salt. Thus, a rock salt bath can be a Himalayan pink salt bath, however, not all rock salts are pink.
Himalayan Salt vs Epsom Salt
Epsom salts are extremely popular in the world of bath salts and soaks, and for good reason. This type of salt contains magnesium in larger amounts than Himalayan salt and provides several health benefits similar to Himalayan pink salt. Epsom salt can also be cheaper in some instances.
Epsom salt, unless it comes with coloring and fragrance, is a plain white rock salt that has no smell. And unlike pink Himalayan salt, epsom salt contains no sodium.
Himalayan Salt vs Bath Salts
General bath salts come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some are rock salts and some are not. Some are natural and some aren’t. Many are inexpensive and come with a multitude of added chemicals and synthetic fragrances. If you want to avoid these additives, going with traditional epsom or Himalayan salt would be key. Otherwise, normal bath salt benefit remains the same in terms of relaxing and soaking but will not always yield the mineral and health benefits that natural salts do.
Himalayan Salt vs Mineral Salts
Sea salt, Himalayan pink salt and other minimally processed salts are all mineral salts. Be careful about the type of salt you choose to pour into your bath, however, as not all salts are created the same. To be certain, only reach for mineral salts that specifically say on the package that they can be added to bath water.
How to Make a Himalayan Salt Bath
In order to take a Himalayan salt bath that is worthwhile, follow these steps.
- Rinse off or shower prior to entering the tub.
- Draw warm bath water. The temperature of the water should be above your normal body temperature and should feel comfortable to you. Just be sure it isn’t smoking hot. While the hot water may feel good in the beginning, it may leave you sweating and wanting to get out only minutes later.
- As the tub is filling, begin adding your Himalayan salt to the water. If you choose, you may also add a gentle essential oil, such as lavender or eucalyptus, but you must be sure to mix this first with a carrier oil, such as almond or olive. You may even mix the oils in the salt prior to adding it to the water, but whatever you do, do not add the oils directly to the water, undiluted. Doing so may irritate your skin and sensitive areas.
- Soak for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After your bath, feel free to rinse off to remove any leftover salt if you wish. This may be important if you have sensitive skin.
- If you find that you are feeling parched after the bath, you may have a glass of water. You may also sip water while in the tub for added hydration.
How much Himalayan salt in bath?
You may be wondering, “How much Himalayan salt should I put in my bath?”
The answer to this is simple… add ½ a cup for half a bath, and a full cup for a full bath.
However, if you want a truly therapeutic bath, experts recommend adding at least 2 cups of Himalayan salt to a full bath.
What are the side effects of Himalayan salt?
When soaking, pink Himalayan salt doesn’t appear to have any known side effects, however, if you do experience skin irritation, you should avoid taking a salt bath.
Why is Himalayan salt bad for you?
Pink Himalayan salt will likely pose little threat to your health during a warm bath, however, too much of a good thing is never a positive. When consuming pink Himalayan salt, it is important to take note of how much is too much and never consume more than 2,300 mg of pink Himalayan salt, or any other type of sodium, per day.
Himalayan Salt Baths For Optimal Relaxation
All in all, Himalayan salt baths are extremely relaxing and provide several health benefits, to boot. For ideas on other ways to incorporate pink Himalayan salt into your health and beauty routine, check out these six healing ways to use pink Himalayan bath salts.
For other natural beauty tips, you may wish to check out our article Best Shea Butter Bath Bombs.