So, you’ve been hearing rave reviews about Rihanna’s company, Fenty Beauty. From the company’s impressive selection of foundation skin tones and high-quality products, it sure does seem like there is a lot to love about this company.
However, before you jump in and order a lot of products from Fenty Beauty, you may have one big question looming over you: is Fenty Beauty cruelty-free? Today, we’re going to help you answer that question so you can decide if you’d like to give any of Fenty Beauty’s products a try.
Table of Contents
- About Fenty Beauty
- What Does Cruelty-Free Mean?
- Is Fenty Beauty Cruelty-Free?
- Is Fenty Beauty Vegan Friendly?
- Is Fenty Beauty Halal?
- Fenty Beauty: Is it Right for You?
About Fenty Beauty
However, it has quickly become a highly popular brand.
Part of the reason it is so popular has to do with the popularity of its founder. However, the quality and selection of products Fenty Beauty offers also help boost its performance.
One of the things Fenty Beauty is most well-known for is its highly-inclusive foundation selection. While many other makeup companies only offer a few different shades of foundation, which often leaves many skin tones left out, Fenty Beauty’s foundation line includes an impressive 50 different shade options.
What Does Cruelty-Free Mean?
Before we get into whether Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free, let’s quickly review what it means for a company to be considered cruelty-free.
Cruelty-free companies don’t perform any animal testing with their products. Additionally, they do not allow other companies or individuals to test their products on animals on their behalf. Finally, a cruelty-free company will not sell their products in any countries where animal testing is required, such as China.
Is Fenty Beauty Cruelty-Free?
So, is Fenty Beauty ethical? Does Fenty test on animals?
Fenty beauty is considered a cruelty-free company. They do not perform animal testing or ask others to test products on animals on their behalf. Fenty Beauty’s products are also not sold in China, where animal testing is required.
Here is the statement from the company’s FAQ page about whether Fenty Beauty tests on animals: “Never. Fenty Beauty + Fenty Skin are cruelty-free brands. We never test products or ingredients on animals, nor do we allow suppliers to conduct testing on our behalf.”
Is Fenty Clothing Cruelty-Free?
Does Fenty use real fur? No, the company does not use real fur. Their clothing line is cruelty-free.
In fact, Rihanna was given the Compassion in Fashion Award from PETA after the company debuted a leather-free collection.
Is Fenty Beauty Vegan Friendly?
Let’s quickly review what are considered vegan-friendly cosmetics. Vegan-friendly cosmetic products do not include any ingredients that come from animals.
Is Fenty Beauty cruelty free and vegan? While Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free, the company is not completely vegan-friendly. Some of their products use products derived from animals, such as carmine or beeswax.
However, while all of Fenty Beauty’s products are not 100% vegan, they do offer a large selection of products that are made using only vegan-friendly ingredients. Additionally, the company’s Fenty Skin line is fully vegan.
Which Fenty Products Are Vegan?
As we just mentioned, Fenty Beauty does offer a wide assortment of vegan-friendly products for you to choose from.
Here are some of our favorites, though there are certainly a lot more options than what’s featured here.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Hydrating Longwear Foundation: Available in 50 different shades, nearly anyone can find the perfect match for this skin tone with this hydrating, vegan foundation from Fenty Beauty. The foundation offers a medium-coverage, natural finish and is suitable for use by individuals with normal, dry, and combination skin.
- Fenty Beauty Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara: You’ll love this vegan mascara from Fenty Beauty. It comes with a unique flat-to-fat brush that does it all: lifts, volumizes, lengthens, and curls lashes for a flawless look. The formula is designed for all-day wear, so you’ll be looking your best from the time you leave your home in the morning until you return in the evening.4
- Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush: Have you been searching for a vegan-friendly blush that you actually like? The Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush from Fenty Beauty is certain to be a huge hit. With 10 different shades, you can find the right color to coordinate with your skin tone, mood, and each occasion. The creamy blush offers a non-greasy feel and is easy to apply to your skin. Build the coverage until you create the exact look you desire. Additionally, the blush is water- and sweat-resistant.
- Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color: This vegan-friendly long-wear lipstick from Fenty Beauty is sure to be a huge hit. The long-wearing formula offers a soft-matte finish with 9 different shade options to help you give your lips a subtle finish or eye-popping color. In addition to being vegan-friendly and cruelty-free, the lip color is also made without parabens.
- Fenty Beauty Body Lava Body Luminizer: Cover your body in Fenty Beauty’s Lava Body Luminizer to give it a shiny and dewy finish. The body luminizer has a gel-based formula with special light-diffusing micropearls with just a bit of sheer color. What’s more? It offers a pleasing floral vanilla fragrance.
Is Fenty Beauty Halal?
No, it does not appear that Fenty Beauty is considered a halal makeup brand.
Fenty Beauty: Is it Right for You?
Fenty Beauty is a cruelty-free company with a nice selection of vegan-friendly products. If you’ve been holding back on giving their products a try because you weren’t sure whether they were vegan or cruelty-free, now you have your answers. So, what do you think? Are you ready to give Fenty Beauty a try? What products do you think you’ll try first?
Take a look at these related posts on our blog: