Hi beautiful! Just to let you know, we earn a modest commission off of purchases made through Amazon affiliate links on this page. Don't worry, it's of no extra cost to you. We love the products we recommend in this post, and we hope you do, too!
BB Cream vs Concealer: Similarities
- Concealer and BB cream both work to even your skin tone.
- They can both blur imperfections for a more polished look.
Both are available in different shades to match an individual’s skin tone.
- You can wear BB cream or concealer by themselves without another product (though more people prefer to do this with BB cream than concealer).
- You can use BB cream or concealer as a highlighter for your face (you’ll need to add a little bit of finishing powder to your BB cream for it to work as a highlighter).
After reading through all these similarities, you may be asking, “can I use BB cream as concealer?” Yes, in some cases you may find that BB cream will work as a concealer for you. However, you’ll need to make sure that the BB cream you choose is the right match for your skin tone and be prepared to apply a second layer if the coverage is too light.
BB Cream vs Concealer: Differences
Despite the similarities between BB cream and concealer, there are also some important distinctions between the two. These include:
- Concealers, such as Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer and Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer, have a thicker formula and are better at covering up blemishes and discoloration, while BB creams, like MISSHA M PERFECT COVER BB CREAM and jane iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream provide more sheer coverage.
- You can use concealer as a lipstick and eyeshadow primer, BB cream is not ideal for these applications.
- BB cream also functions as a moisturizer and sunscreen, while concealer does not.
BB cream and concealer can even be used together.
So, concealer or BB cream first? If you plan on using both makeup products together, you will want to apply the BB cream first and then use the concealer to cover up any blemishes or discoloration that are still present.
BB Cream vs Concealer: Which is Better for You?
So, is BB cream or concealer better? As you can see, BB cream and concealer share some similarities, but also some key differences.
Deciding which one is right for you will depend on your goals and preferences. For example, if you are looking for an all-in-one product, you may decide BB cream is best for you. Since BB creams work as a light foundation, sunscreen, and moisturizer, it can be your ‘one and done’ beauty routine product.
On the other hand, if you have some dark blemishes or scars showing through your foundation, using a thicker concealer to keep them hidden may be what you need.
For more about makeup, here are related reads on our blog: