Best body lotion for glowing skinMoisturizing is one of the steps in taking care of the skin. The skin on your face is not the only one that needs to be hydrated. We also need to take care of the rest of it. Rough, dry, and flaky skin is one of the common causes of early skin aging. With the help of the best body moisturizer, this is possible!
With that said, we’ve found three products and evaluated each of them. We looked into their features, pros, and cons. Let’s see what comes out as the best body moisturizer to help your skin feel hydrated and moisturized.
Best Body Moisturizer Reviews
Taking care of the skin by applying body moisturizers is vital to keep your skin supple, and elastic. They help your skin looking young and vibrant.
The right moisturizer will also keep out the dry, itchy feeling. It can even target your problem areas like the elbows, knees, and heels.
Here are three moisturizers that promise to deliver such results:
Hi beautiful! Just to let you know, we earn a modest commission off of purchases made through Amazon affiliate links on this page. Don't worry, it's of no extra cost to you. We love the products we recommend in this post, and we hope you do, too!
Produced in a state-of-the-art, USA-based facility, the Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Lotion offers the following:
- Hydrating formulation: The lotion has a unique combination of avocado butter, royal jelly, shea butter, cocoa butter, lavender oil, lemon oil, and beta glucans. It also includes other non-toxic, natural ingredients that are good for the skin.
- Anti-Aging mineral: Apart from the rich and nourishing ingredients, this body moisturizer is also rich in pure magnesium chloride, which is absorbed deep down the skin’s basal layer. This mineral promotes collagen production and proper circulation. It also improves skin elasticity. It’s also a good carrier that takes necessary nutrients as it gets absorbed by the skin.
- No hormone disruptors: The ingredients of this body moisturizer are all natural. They don’t include toxic ingredients that can disrupt hormonal balance or cause cancer.
- Natural colorants and scents: Seven Minerals Body Lotion has no synthetic coloring and fragrances. The color of the lotion itself depends on the color of the combined ingredients. Same goes with the scent. It doesn’t have added perfume, and its scent lies only on the added natural lemon oil and lavender oil.
- Highly moisturizing
- Uses pure magnesium chloride
- Ingredients easily absorbed by the skin
- Non-toxic components
- No artificial ingredients
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Because there’s no artificial scent, it may smell a bit off
As the name states, the formula works great on skin and hair. The following gives it versatility:
- Tea tree oil: This substance is known for its antibacterial properties. It can also help heal and prevent fungal infections. It fights acne and has a cleaning property as well.
- Jojoba oil: This oil is one of the vital ingredients widely used in various skin and hair products because of its different uses. It is moisturizing by creating a protective barrier on the skin or hair. It also has antibacterial and antioxidant effects. Plus, it is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Peppermint oil: This oil has many properties that can be beneficial for both the skin and hair. For one, its menthol component is a vasodilator, which helps improve blood flow. It is also known to reverse hair loss and help enhance the growth of hair. Additionally, peppermint provides a tingly sensation that can be refreshing to both the scalp and skin.
- Paraben-free: Parabens are common preservatives used in personal care and cosmetic products. It can be found in moisturizers, soaps, creams, and deodorants. However, parabens can cause hormone disruption and breast cancer. The good thing is that this product is paraben-free and is free from other potentially dangerous ingredients.
- Vegan-friendly: This moisturizer is made with all-natural ingredients derived from plants.
- Two-in-one: This product is not only for the body skin, but it also works well as a moisturizer for the scalp and hair.
- Color-safe: The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer is color-safe. It won’t stain or bleach any type of fabric.
- Moisturizes both skin and hair
- Natural ingredients
- No animal byproducts
- Free from harmful
- Has antibacterial properties
- Strong smell that some may find overbearing
Vanicream aims to provide individuals products that work on sensitive skin. This cream has the following features:
- Head-to-toe application: This cream is great for the face, body, hands, and any excessively dry areas like the heels and elbows
- Non-greasy: The formula of this makes sure that the skin won’t feel oily and sticky once it is applied. Likewise, it is easy to apply. Skin will absorb this easily.
- Non-comedogenic: This moisturizing lotion has a light feel and doesn’t have heavy oils that may clog pores, which are the primary cause of blackheads.
- Clean technology: This product doesn’t contain any form of artificial fragrances, dyes, lanolin, formaldehyde, and parabens.
- Acne-prone skin mix: Acne products can dry out skin and cause flaking. Applying Vanicream won’t clog pores like other products and will only moisturize skin without aggravating acne.
- Gentle formula: Vanicream is perfect for those who have sensitive skin or skin conditions like eczema. It moisturizes, soothes, and manages dry, itchy, and irritated skin. It also helps boost skin moisture which is essential in keeping away flare-ups.
- Does not have toxic ingredients
- Rich in nourishing nutrients
- Ideal for most skin types
- Easily absorbed by the skin
- Doesn’t leave an oily feel
- National Eczema Association seal of acceptance
- Thick formula won’t sit well on some skin types
Best Body Moisturizer: Our Pick!
The three products have their unique ingredients that contribute to their moisturizing effect.
Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Body Lotion, for instance, is infused with magnesium chloride. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer uses the power of jojoba oil. On the other hand, Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream has synthetic ingredients like petrolatum to provide the necessary moisture.
While Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer can also double as a conditioner, it falls short on moisturizing the skin. The Vanicream is very moisturizing and can even heal and calm eczema and other similar skin conditions. However it is a tad too heavy on the skin, especially if you’re on the oily side.
As such, of all the three, the best body moisturizer for us is the Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Body Lotion.
It is rich in nutrients that nourish the skin, and it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. Applying it regularly will definitely make the skin more supple and young-looking.
It is not watery and not oily. The texture is just right and might be ideal for dry to combination skin. It is also lightweight enough to be tolerated by those with oily skin.
Traveling with your body lotions? Did you know you can store them standing up in our tall makeup storage bag?
Here are other body care posts on our blog:
- Apply Body Powder Without Making a Mess
- Best Body Scrubs for Ingrown Hairs
- Best Antibacterial Soap for Body Odor