What is the best moisturizer for oily acne prone skin?Having oily, acne-prone skin is always a problem. You seem to have oil regardless of what you apply. Choosing the best product to suit your skin type can be a little disheartening. Moisturizing your skin is still essential even if it is oily or even prone to acne or breakouts? However, this can only be done with the use of the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin.
Applying moisturizer on oily skin may sound a bit senseless, but it is really necessary. Not moisturizing your oily, acne-prone skin will only leave you with rough patches and flakes. Likewise, unmoisturized skin tends to produce more oil.
With all the products available, though, how do you choose the moisturizer for your acne-prone skin? To help out, we searched the market and found three products that will work for oily and acne-prone skin.
Best Moisturizer for Acne-Prone and Oily Skin: Your Top Options
Here are our top three moisturizers that are ideal for oily and acne-prone skin:
Neutrogena is a popular manufacturer of skin care products, which is one of the reasons why we have included this moisturizer on our list. Here are the things you need to know about it:
Sponsored:Ellis James Designs
"This bag is amazing quality and even padded to protect your valuables inside! (Think about it…no more cracked bronzer!)" ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - Kaitlyn
FIND OUT MORE
GET 50% OFF
- Pink grapefruit scent: Unlike other moisturizers that have heavy, heady scents, Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer offers a light whiff of pink grapefruit that adds a refreshing touch of scent as you apply. The moisturizer is also infused with natural grapefruit extract, which has a cooling effect.
- Quick absorption: With its light formulation, this facial moisturizer is easily absorbed by the skin, only leaving you with moisturized skin without the oily feel. Heavy moisturizers tend to block the pores and make acne worse. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer, though, is easy on the skin and won’t cause breakouts.
- Helps fight acne: Apart from being lightweight and oil-free, this facial moisturizer also has salicylic acid. It is a proven ingredient that helps manage acne and keep them from coming back.
- Water-based: The water-based formulation doesn’t leave a greasy feel, and it is non-comedogenic. That means no clogged pores!
- Dual-action: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer formulated with ingredients that work two ways. It helps manage and prevent acne and at the same time keeps the skin moisturized.
- Two-in-one formula
- Doesn’t feel greasy
- No oil formulation
- Won’t clog pores
- Has acne-fighting salicylic acid
- Natural scent
- Feels light on the skin
- Not ideal in warm weather
- Salicylic acid can have a drying effect
- Not enough moisturizing effect for dry skin types
As another popular company, this product is formulated with rosehip oil, which is a substance that has been making a name in the beauty industry. The bottled Teddie Organics Organic Rosehip Oil has the following features:
- One ingredient: This product doesn’t have preservatives, additives, and other unwanted ingredients like paraben. Its only component is 100% rosehip oil.
- Multi-use: This is an all-in-one product that can be used from head to toe. Rosehip oil is known to moisturize even the driest spots like heels and elbows effectively. It can also be used to help soothe dry, itchy scalp; calm redness of the skin due to rosacea, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis; and minimize the appearance of scars. Rosehip oil is also useful in helping reduce stretch marks, age spots, and visible damages caused by harmful UV rays. It is also great in nourishing dry cuticles and brittle nails.
- Essential fatty acids: Rosehip oil contains Omega 6 (linoleic acid), Omega 9 (oleic acid), and (Omega 3) linolenic acid. These fatty acids help make the cell membranes healthier and at the same time improve the function of the skin barrier.
- Rich in antioxidants: This single-ingredient moisturizer is also a good source of antioxidants like Vitamin C and beta carotene that prevent cell damage caused by stress and free radicals.
- No long list of ingredients
- Doesn’t have harmful chemicals
- Contains fatty acids and antioxidants
- All-natural and organic
- Some skin types may find it hard to absorb
- May leave an oily feeling
Last on our list is another multi-purpose product that can be used by all genders. The things you’d expect from Beauty By Earth Oil Control Facial Moisturizer include:
- Ingredients: This moisturizer combines high-grade organic and natural ingredients to provide a skin-nourishing formula that will make the skin feel and look smooth and healthy. Offering natural moisturization properties, it contains skin-nourishing favorites like coconut oil, aloe vera, and green tea extract. It also has Co-Q10, a coenzyme known to fight free radicals and enhance the skin’s elasticity.
- Ideal for most skin types: The formulation of this moisturizer is specially made for combination to oily skin, but it can be used for dry and gentle skin types, too.
- Oil-control formulation: This product moisturizes the skin and will help keep it hydrated. At the same time, it helps prevent the skin from producing excess oil, leaving your skin soft, smooth, and oil-free.
- Neutral scent: With a light blend of sandalwood and peppermint, this moisturizer is ideal for any age and gender.
- Rich in skin-nourishing ingredients
- Helps control oil
- Keeps skin moisturized
- Great for most skin types
- Has a fresh scent
- Has a stinging effect to the eyes
Oily Skin and Acne-Prone Moisturizer: Our Pick
All three moisturizers mentioned are good in moisturizing the skin, depending on the skin type. The two products, Teddie Organics Organic Rosehip Oil and Beauty By Earth Oil Control Facial Moisturizer boast natural ingredients that moisturize skin effectively. However, some of their ingredients can block pores.
In terms of the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer is the best among the three.
Apart from its moisturizing effects, it can dry out acne and keep them from reoccurring. Do note though that because of the drying effect of salicylic acid and the absence of some essential oils, it can lack the moisturizing effects the two other products have and may be ideal only for normal to oily skin.
Looking for somewhere to keep all your makeup products? Get yourself a black makeup train case from our range!
Check out related oily skin or acne posts on our blog!
- Best Face Washes for Sensitive and Oily Skin
- Best Non-Comedogenic Foundations for Acne
- Does Cetaphil Help Acne
- Best Tea Tree Oil Brands for Acne