Does Coconut Oil Actually Help Your Eyelashes Grow?If you’ve watched beauty vlogs or read articles about how to care for your hair, skin and eyelashes, you’ve likely heard about coconut oil’s wonders. Beauty gurus across the internet have come up with hundreds of ways you can use coconut oil. However, you might find yourself wondering – does coconut oil help your eyelashes grow? Below, we explain how to grow your eyelashes using coconut oil. We’ve also gathered the best types of coconut oils to use for eyelash growth, taking the guesswork out of picking a great brand for you.
The Best Coconut Oil For Growing Your Eyelashes
To start, we want to introduce you to our top picks for coconut oil that’s best suited for eyelash growth.
While it may seem like just any old coconut oil will do, some brands work better than others. There are a plethora of reasons for this, such as:
- The way the coconut oil is processed
- The inclusion or exclusion of additives
- How effective other individuals have found it to be when they’ve used it to try to grow their lashes
These are just a few of the reasons these oils stand out.
Keep in mind, different types of coconut oil may work better for some individuals than others. If you aren’t satisfied with one brand, you might try switching to another brand to see if it works better for you.
EDITORS CHOICE: Clearly LASH
- Made specifically for eyelashes, with coconut oil and a variety of other natural vitamins and minerals that promote lash growth
- Exhibits results in seven days when used as directed
- 100% natural product with no harmful chemicals or additives
- Comes with a mascara applicator for easy-on application
- Long-lasting product, despite it’s small size
Clearly Lash made this product with eyelash health in mind. It contains a blend of natural and essential oils, such as castor, vitamin E and coconut oil. These oils help promote long-term lash growth and increase thickness by supporting and revitalizing eyelash follicles.
Overall, it is a high-quality product designed for lash growth and development that shows real-world results.
Customers rave about Clearly Lash’s eyelash serum. It’s everything a beauty guru could ask for, which is why it’s our top pick for coconut oil-based products for your eyelashes.
The included vitamins and minerals are proven to help promote lash growth quickly, and hundreds of customers have seen the results. This product allows lashes to grow thicker within a week, longer and darker by providing the necessary vitamins for healthy and rapid growth.
- Uses the fractionating process to provide premium, high-quality coconut oil.
- Made to be used externally for beauty purposes only.
- Includes a pump for easy dispensing.
- No elimination of natural vitamins and minerals.
- 60-day satisfaction guarantee included with the product.
The Majestic Pure coconut oil is one of the highest-rated products, and for a good reason. It’s lightweight, low-odor coconut oil made for use on the skin, hair and eyelashes.
Unlike other coconut oils on this list, this coconut oil uses the fractionating process. The oil, therefore, is exceptionally smooth and absorbs into the skin and hair well. It has more vitamins than many other coconut oil brands, allowing it to help promote healthy skin along with hair and lash growth.
Customers love the Majestic Pure coconut oil. It’s lightweight and great for hydrating.
Due to how it’s processed, it’s easier for your skin to absorb the coconut oil’s natural vitamins and minerals. The coconut oil also does not leave behind an oily residue like many other brands do, making it great for you to use for your daily beauty routine.
- Designed specifically for cosmetic use
- Lightweight, with less grease and residue after using it
- Cold-pressed to include natural hydrating vitamins and minerals
- Marketed as up to 1000% more pure than traditional extra-virgin coconut oil
- Lightly scented so as to not provide an overpowering aroma
COCO & CO. designs products specifically for the beauty market. The company understands the importance of natural, pure and lightweight coconut oil that won’t leave behind excessive grease or turn rancid over time.
Plus, despite being designed for use in your daily beauty routine, COCO & CO.’s products are 100% safe to ingest and use in cooking, as well – and many customers even report it tastes better than your store-brand coconut oil.
Though it comes in a relatively small size for its price point, plenty of customers absolutely love the COCO & CO pure coconut oil. It’s high-quality, lightweight and does not leave behind the oily residue that many other coconut oils do.
Plus, a little tends to go a long way. Despite the relatively small size of the container, many customers could get more use out of this product than they were any other coconut oil brand.
- 100% pure, cold-pressed coconut oil.
- No added or removed vitamins or minerals.
- USDA certified extra-virgin coconut oil.
- Produced specifically to use on hair and skin.
- Designed with hydration and growth in mind.
Sky Organics produces high-quality coconut oil for beauty purposes. Their coconut oil is cold-pressed to help retain all of the natural vitamins and minerals that help heal skin and promote hair and lash growth.
Additionally, it’s commercially available in a large, 16.9-ounce container for all of your beauty needs.
Plus, Sky Organics even offers recipes for DIY lash and hair masks using coconut oil, making it a great choice if you have only personal beauty in mind.
Reports say that this is one of the best coconut oil brands for hair and lashes, as Sky Organics produces its products with beauty in mind. They say that the coconut oil is not too thick or heavy, making it easy to use or mix with other essential oils.
Additionally, it does not leave behind an oily residue and absorbs quickly.
It’s got a relatively light scent, unlike many other coconut oil brands that can be overpowering.
- USDA Certified organic coconut oil
- No additives included in the oil
- None of the natural vitamins or minerals included in coconut oil are removed
- Can be used for skin, hair lashes and cooking
- Comes with an included pump for easy use
One of the things we absolutely love about this brand of coconut oil is that it is 100% natural and organic.
Produced by the Sports Research brand, the company’s 90-day money-back guarantee backs this product. You can reach out to Sports Research for a refund if you are not satisfied with the product for any reason within the first 90 days of using it.
It comes in a one-ounce container, perfect for using on your lashes and at an affordable price-point.
Most customers report that the oil is great for hair, skin and lashes.
Ultimately, it is a relatively low-odor oil, which is excellent for individuals who don’t want to smell strongly of coconut every day.
Additionally, customers report that this oil is highly hydrating and full of vitamins that increase their lash and hair growth over time.
How To Grow Your Lashes Using Coconut Oil
Now that you know the best products to use to help grow your eyelashes, we’ll answer some common questions and go over what you need to do to help your eyelashes grow faster and longer.
Can Coconut Oil Contribute to Eyelash Growth?
We’ve talked a lot about what products you can use, but we haven’t answered the most crucial question yet – does using coconut oil actually make your eyelashes grow longer?
In the long run, yes. The various vitamins and minerals included in coconut oil can help contribute to eyelash growth over time.
Just like the hair that grows on your head, in order for your eyelashes to be thick and healthy, they need vitamins and minerals to help nourish them. Think about it this way – you likely have a shampoo that you like, precisely because it includes components that help keep it soft, shiny and healthy. Coconut oil has many of the elements that your eyelashes need to maintain their health.
For instance, coconut oil contains vitamins A and E, which have shown to help lashes grow over time. Naturally, this does not always work for every person – in fact, some individuals are genetically pre-dispositioned to have short lashes. However, providing your lashes with the nourishment they need to be healthy can help them grow longer and become more robust.
Additionally, those who have tried to grow their eyelashes in the past using different methods may have noticed that it takes quite some time. However, using coconut oil can help expedite the process. Just like using hair serum has shown to be beneficial in nourishing your hair and helping it grow faster, longer, using coconut oil on your eyelashes helps them grow more quickly in many cases.
Ultimately, it would help if you thought of it like this: you use fertilizer to help plants grow more quickly. Growth often correlates directly to the amount of nourishment the plants get from the soil. The higher the quality of the soil and fertilizer you use on your plants to help them grow, the higher the quality of the crops you produce. Your eyelashes and hair are the same way. When you are willing to provide them with nutrients, they become more healthy and grow more quickly.
Naturally, the time it takes for you to see results depends on various factors, including:
- Your genetics.
- How frequently you treat your eyelashes with coconut oil.
- The quality of the coconut oil you use.
- The other vitamins and minerals you mix with coconut oil for your eyelashes.
- Your diet and overall physical health.
Therefore, the amount of time it takes for you to see results from using coconut oil to grow your eyelashes can vary. Some individuals see growth as early as seven days after using the products. For others, it can take up to a month of regular use to see results. However, there are plenty of tips and tricks available online to help you throughout the process.
How Safe Is Using Coconut Oil on Your Eyelashes?
Another important question many people ask regards the safety of using coconut oil on your eyelashes.
Realistically, it’s a reasonable question. The eyes are naturally sensitive. Getting things in them can be painful, to say the least, and can cause long-term damage or permanent blindness at its worst. Making sure the products you put on or near your eyes are safe is essential to minimizing harm.
Research conducted on the safety of using coconut oil near or around your eyes shows that it’s perfectly safe and will not cause excessive irritation. In fact, many studies show that coconut oil can help reduce the chances of infections and other serious health issues surrounding the eyes.
Additionally, it’s also safer to use on your eyes than many other eye-makeup remover products. Because coconut oil has natural fatty acids, it is less likely to cause eye irritation.
The natural vitamins and minerals included in the oil help prevent and soothe irritation. Some individuals may experience irritation if they get coconut oil directly in their eyes. However, if you apply it directly to your lashes, it is perfectly safe.
How Do You Apply Coconut Oil to Your Eyelashes?
Another thing to consider is how best to apply coconut oil to your eyelashes. After all, if you’ve ever used coconut oil before you know, it can be messy and greasy. However, there are several different ways you can apply coconut oil to your eyelashes.
Many people like to mix their coconut oil with castor oil. Castor oil is known for its conditioning properties. In most cases, individuals mix equal parts castor oil and coconut oil into a small vial, like a mascara tube and use the included lash wand to coat their eyelashes.
Tips for Growing Your Eyelashes
Here are some tried and tested tips for helping your eyelashes grow:
- Regularly comb your eyelashes, as this improves blood flow and helps stimulate the hair follicles
- Practice massage techniques around your eyelids and near the base of your lashes. Just like combing, it helps improve blood flow and promote growth
- Refrain from pulling and tugging on our eyelashes, or using heated curlers. These can damage your eyelashes and stunt growth
- Maintain a healthy diet. Lash and hair growth issues often stem from vitamin deficiencies. Eating a well-balanced diet helps improve these deficiencies. Additionally, a healthy diet helps improve the quality of your skin, which can, in turn, nourish your hair follicles
- Stay hydrated! One of the things many people tend to forget when it comes to trying to have healthier skin and hair is that hydration is vital to shiny, healthy hair and clear skin
- Take a break from wearing makeup. Makeup can clog the pores and cause skin irritation, making it more difficult for your lashes to grow. Plus, wearing eye makeup can cause accidental damage and breaks, which are important to avoid when trying to grow long, healthy lashes
- Regularly condition your lashes to promote healthy growth
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do if My Lashes Aren’t Growing Back?
If you’ve experienced an extensive loss of eyelashes and are having trouble growing them back, you may be experiencing a medical issue, such as thyroid gland problems or vitamin deficiencies. In this case, it’s best to contact your doctor for further guidance.
How Long Does it Take for Eyelashes to Grow?
Eyelash growth, as mentioned above, takes time.
However, in most cases, you’ll likely see significant growth within a month of using coconut oil or other growth products. Various factors play a part in fast-growing, healthy eyelashes, however.
Can Coconut Oil Help Grow Eyebrows, Too?
Coconut oil is great for all hair types, including eyelashes and eyebrows, as it provides nourishment in the form of hydration and concentrated vitamins. Simply apply coconut oil to your eyebrows the same way you’d apply it to your lashes to promote growth for full looking eyebrows.
Does Coconut Oil Help Your Eyelashes Grow: A Conclusion
At the end of the day, growing your eyelashes takes time. Each person will experience different growth at different rates.
Additionally, what works for one person may not work for someone else. Take time to try different methods of eyelash growth to see which ones work best for you!
Also, consider a healthier lifestyle for better skin and fuller, thicker hair.
If you found this article helpful, check out some of our other beauty guides for more tips and tricks: