One question we get asked a lot is, “can you wear eyeshadow without eyeliner?” Eyeliner is such a staple in many people’s makeup bags, that you may be wondering whether it is even OK to wear eyeshadow without eyeliner or if there are any benefits to doing so. We get that this can be a confusing topic, so we’re here to address all your questions and set the record straight as to whether wearing eyeshadow without eyeliner is acceptable.
Table of Contents
- Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner
- Can I Put Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
- Is It Ok to Wear Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
- How Do You Apply Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
- Can You Wear Just Eyeshadow?
- Can You Just Wear Eyeliner?
- Is It Ok to Not Wear Eyeliner?
- Eyeshadow without Eyeliner
Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner
Whether you’re not comfortable with the ingredients of many eyeliners or you’re just looking for an easier or more casual makeup look, you may be wondering whether you can use eyeshadow without eyeliner.
The answer is that you certainly can wear shadow without liner. We’ll explore more about wearing eye makeup in this way in the next few sections.
Can I Put Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
Yes, eyeshadow without eyeliner is perfectly acceptable. The truth is that there aren’t really any makeup rules regarding eyeliner that you must follow. You can do what feels right and comfortable to you, and if that means wearing no eyeliner, then go for it.
Not wearing eyeliner doesn’t mean that your makeup needs to suffer. Many eyeshadows, especially pastels, can look great without eyeliner. A few pastels to try without eyeliner include:
- Pastel Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette from Huda Beauty
- L.A. COLORS 16 Color Eyeshadow Palette
- Essence AIR Eyeshadow Palette
However, pastels aren’t the only colors you can wear without eyeliner. You may find that a lot of the shades you already have in your makeup bag look great without eyeliner. Skipping the eyeliner and adding some false lashes is just one idea to create a simple summertime makeup look.
Is It Ok to Wear Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
Everyone is different and has different opinions about their makeup look. So, if you aren’t sure whether you will like the way your eyeshadow looks without eyeliner, take some time to experiment and play around. Take a day when you don’t really have to go anywhere, and try different eyeshadow application techniques without using eyeliner to see if you like the way you look. You may find that some of the eyeshadows in your makeup bag lend themselves well to use without eyeliner, while others should be saved for days you want to use eyeliner.
How Do You Apply Eyeshadow Without Eyeliner?
Learning some eyeshadow basics can help you apply your eyeshadow properly without the need for eyeliner. Use the tips below to help you apply eyeshadow without eyeliner:
- Choose the right makeup brushes: The right makeup brushes are key when you want to precisely apply any makeup. We’d recommend a set such as the Essential Eye Brush Set from Sephora or the Ready to Roll Brush Set from Sephora.
- Start with an eyeshadow base shade: Before applying a colored eyeshadow, start with an eyeshadow base. For more basic looks, only apply the shade up to the eyelid’s crease.
- Use darker eyeshadow along the crease of your eye: Applying a dark eyeshadow color along your eye’s crease can add some dimension to your look to attract light to your eyes.
- Use a very dark color along the rim of your eyelash: Go dark using a flat eyelash brush along the upper edge of your eyelid. This can help define your eyes when you aren’t wearing eyeliner.
- Add highlights with a shimmery eyeshadow: Finish the look with a shimmery eyeshadow beneath your eyebrows and in the inner corners of your eyes.
Can You Wear Just Eyeshadow?
Yes, when deciding how to apply your eye makeup, one option is to wear only eye shadow. Do whatever you’re comfortable with, and take some time to experiment with different looks.
Can You Just Wear Eyeliner?
Yes, you can do so. Again, just do what feels best to you and what helps you achieve a look you are comfortable with.
Is It Ok to Not Wear Eyeliner?
Yes, skipping that cat eye is totally fine. There are no makeup rules that state that you must absolutely wear something. Many individuals don’t like using liner or find that they like the look only shadow provides for many occasions.
Is eyeliner necessary?
Eyeliner is not necessary. While many individuals like how defined their eyes look with eyeliner, there are makeup looks that don’t require the use of eyeliner. Plus, it is still totally possible to truly define your eyes with proper makeup and eyeshadow application techniques.
For example, you can create a smokey eye look without even using eyeliner!
Do you put on eyeliner or eyeshadow first?
When you plan to wear both eyeliner and eyeshadow together, you should apply the eyeshadow first. If you apply eyeliner before eyeshadow, the eyeshadow can soften the eyeliner and reduce the effect it provides. By applying shadow first, you’ll still be able to fully define your eye with the eyeliner last. This will help ensure that the crisp lines from the eyeliner stay looking their best and that they don’t get blurred by the eyeshadow.
Now, if you want a less crisp and defined look, then you can certainly consider applying your eyeliner before you apply eyeshadow. It is really up to you!
Can I put eyeshadow without eyeliner?
Yes, eyeshadow without eyeliner is perfectly acceptable.
Is it OK to wear eyeshadow without eyeliner?
Everyone is different and has different opinions about their makeup look. So, if you aren’t sure whether you will like the way your eyeshadow looks without eyeliner, take some time to experiment and play around.
Can you wear just eyeshadow?
Yes, when deciding how to apply your eye makeup, one option is to wear only eye shadow.
Can you just wear eyeliner?
Yes, you can do so.
Is it OK to not wear eyeliner?
Yes, skipping liner is totally fine.
Eyeshadow without Eyeliner
So, there you have it! While you can wear liner with your eyeshadow, it certainly isn’t necessary. You may find that you like the lighter and more natural look of wearing eye makeup without eyeliner. Did you know that more and more celebrities have even been embracing the eyeliner-free look recently? Are you ready to give eyeshadow without eyeliner a try? See how you like the look on your eyes!
Check out these related posts on our blog: