Acne can plague all ages. It can be triggered by all sorts of things, such as food and hormones. Frustrating and sometimes painful, there’s a myriad of products out there that promise a solution. Although everyone’s skin reacts differently, we’ve listed our favorite drugstore acne solutions here.
Table of Contents
- Drugstore Acne Solutions
- Here’s a recap of our favorite drugstore acne solutions:
Drugstore Acne Solutions
The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser is a great drugstore find to wash away dirt, oil and makeup. The good thing about it is that it does all this without causing further irritation or dryness.
This cleanser also helps prevent more blemishes and breakouts.
RELATED: Face Wash for Sensitive Oily Skin
A good but gentle facial scrub is also a must-have. Biore Free Your Pores is an oil-free pore unclogging scrub that deep cleans pores and smoothes skin. Used a couple of times per week, the scrub can help unclog your pores, which often can be a cause of breakouts.
Another must-have is a good face mask. Used all over your face, or just on problem areas, there are many good masks on the market. A quality clay or antioxidant mask that dries on your face is perfect. You can also buy charcoal nose strips that do a great job too. Sephora sells charcoal nose strips from just $3. Origins Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores is also a winner.
Even if you have blemish prone or oily skin, a good moisturizer is still important. If you have this type of skin your complexion can be extra sensitive, so one that’s kind to you face is a must have. Moisturizers are one of the beauty products that are so personal; what works for one person is another person’s break out enemy. Try Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer for sensitive skin or the Aveeno Clear Complexion Blemish Treatment Daily Moisturizer.
Next, a targeted or topical spot treatment that you can dab on any problem spots to minimize redness, infection and inflammation. For a bit of luxury we love Osmia Organics Spot Treatment. Packaged in a little rollerball, it’s all natural and smells amazing. The spot fighting power comes from a blend of evening primrose, lavender, lemon, parsley and thyme essential oils. The oils work together to fight bacteria, reduce inflammation and redness.
We also love the Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Fast Acting Acne Spot Treatment. A milky gel, it’s packed with salicylic and glycolic acids to clean pores and shrink pimples perfectly!
Finally, if pimples drive you crazy and make you feel a little self-conscious, invest in a good full coverage concealer and foundation – one that agrees with your skin and doesn’t cause you further breakouts.
Find more of our drugstore series:
- Best Drugstore Hand Creams with SPF formulation
- Drugstore Foundation Brushes to use
- Safe, non-toxic Drugstore Makeup
- Drugstore CC Foundation Options
- Drugstore Makeup options for Pregnancy
- Top Drugstore Powder Foundations to Use
- Best Drugstore Foundations for a flawless finish
Here’s a recap of our favorite drugstore acne solutions:
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Biore Free Your Pores Pore Unclogging Scrub
- Origins Improvement Active
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin, Ultra-Gentle & Lightweight Moisturizers Free of Fragrances & Dyes, 4 fl. oz
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Face Moisturizer
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Face Moisturizer
- Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
- Osmia Organics Spot Treatment
There are so many treatments on the market today so your skin won’t let you down!